The Vans Hi-Standard Pro is the uprated version of their most popular boot and adds a little more stiffness and tech for the harder charging rider.
• Flex Rating / Medium-Firm (6/10)
• Riding Style / All Mountain
• Heat-Moldable Liner / Yes
• Lacing System / Traditional Laces
The Hi-Standards Pro build on the same skate-inspired recipe of their counterpart the Hi-Standards, but serve up a little more tech and support in place of that soft-flexing forgiveness. The Hi-Standard Pros enjoy Vans’ V2 UltraCush Liner with added Smartwool. This dual-density heat-moldable liner has an interior cushioning layer to go with what Vans call an ‘exterior overlay support cage’ for predictable flex, and an adjustable X-Cage for improved heel hold. They pair this with the V2 PopCush footbed for impact cushioning and comfort, and their V2 WaffleFlex Outsole which delivers premium grip and boardfeel without sacrificing support. Finished off with their V2 Harness for maximum heel-hold, and this is a casual-looking boot that’s a force to be reckoned with all over the mountain.
What We Love
Vans have seamlessly blended comfort and performance here to deliver a responsive riding experience without losing any of the Hi-Standard’s easy-going and comfortable ride. It really is difficult to explain how comfy a pair of Vans snowboarding boots are, but let’s just say ‘very’ for now, and leave it there. This is due to the liner they use, along with the footbed, both of which create a supportive environments perfect for all-day riding. Though it’s in the little touches that this boot really excels. Their Tongue Lock Down system adds an additional level of heel hold through a connection with the external laces, which helps to pull the boot tongue tighter to the foot for a seamless feeling between shell and liner. Like we said, an awesome boot!
Full Feature List
• V2 UltraCush Liner: Dual density liner for unbeatable comfort and support
• V2 PopCush Footbed: Brilliant impact reduction and cushioning
• V2 Waffle Lug Outsole: Grip and support where you need it most
• V2 Harness: Keeps heel locked down for a precise and reliable riding experience
• Instep Flex Zones: Allow the boot to flex where it should and not where it shouldn’
• Tongue Lock Down: Attaches the liner to the shell for superior foot hold
• Pleasure Cuff: Fleecy and stretchy cuff for premium support and comfort